Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my lemonade habit if you use these links. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep me supplied in Vitamin C and antioxidants. It’s a win for everyone, really!
For years now, the ‘farm’ sink has been all the rage. These enameled cast iron sinks are truly a centerpiece to kitchens new and old – mine, personally, is almost 50 years old! When well taken care of, these sinks will last a lifetime.
Though beautiful pieces, these sinks are very easily stained and scarred with marks from aluminum, other cast iron, or even stone pans or wares. Tea bags, coffee, bold fruits or vegetables – you name it, they will leave their mark if given the opportunity! This is what mine looks after just 30 days of wear… scary!
I was beyond grateful when I discovered the perfect fix for these scratches. I had tried everything – even just straight bleach! Thankfully, the final solution has a fantastic scent. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Surface Scrub, no harsh chemicals here! This scrub is a heaven-send… You can snag a bottle for yourself, here!
Here’s How EASY it is to Clean Your Enameled Cast Iron Sink…
1. First spray your sink with hot water to help make the powder stick to the surface.
2. Sprinkle the cleaner on the areas that need cleaning… for me, this is usually the entire thing!
3. Scrub away! (**Be sure NOT to use any type of wool or abrasive scrubber. I use a normal kitchen sponge with a scratch-proof scrub pad. You can find them here. Hip-hip, hooray! Watch your unsightly marks disappear..
4. Rinse with hot water. If you notice any spots that still need some attention, simply repeat steps 1-3 above.
5. Do a little dance – your gorgeous farm sink looks like new!
The Grove Collaborative is a subscription-based service that allows you to subscribe to all-natural, environmentally sound products for household cleaning, personal care and much more! I’ve been a member of their service for about 18 months now, and it saves me so much time and provides peace of mind that I am providing the best home for my family.
Use –>this exclusive link<– from Farming French Bread for a free 5-Piece Kitchen Cleaning Set with your first purchase from Grove Collaborative!